Kukun partnered with Intempt and successfully implemented five campaigns with real-time personalized notifications. Targeted at the discovered drop-offs, Intempt’s involvement resulted in a 5.67% conversion lift. Read on to learn how we got there.
Renovating a house is always an exciting project - everyone loves the anticipation of a freshly remodeled home. At the same time, the process of renovating is often fragmented and painful.
There are many moving parts to take care of, such as defining the right scope of project, estimating its budget, dealing with contractors or loan providers. For some, a new project turns out equally stressful.
Raf Howery, CEO & serial entrepreneur, recognized the problem with home renovation back in 2014, and set out to change it.
He believed that the solution for home renovators lies in the trifecta of content, software and data.
Using his knowledge of cloud orchestration, SaaS and solutioning, Raf created Kukun.
“My Kukun Co-Founder, Jean-Louis Ledanois, and I have built an amazing tag team based on our combined experience and visions. He helped me to see the consumer needs of his generation and I helped him see how to avoid common business pitfalls, build a strong team quickly, and reduce mistakes, all while saving money as we grew the business,” Raf told Home Business Magazine.
Kukun became the thread that connected the different industries supporting home remodeling - construction, retail, real estate and financing. Raf created a seamless experience for homeowners. 260,648 remodeling Projects have been calculated totalling $3,417,645,352.
But there was one major drawback:
The ability to scale engagement.
In a matter of months, Intempt has become an integral part of Kukun’s marketing and sales process.
Kukun paired the traditional optimization with personalization of individual journeys and saw 5.67% increase in conversion rate.
How did this transition happen? And why did Raf decide to give personalization a chance?
Kukun has tens of thousands of people dropping by their website every month.
Some of them are first-time visitors, some of them are loyal returning users.
But what they all have in common, as Raf explained, is that they’re coming to the Kukun website for a reason.
Every visitor’s project is unique, so is their journey across the variety of Kukun’s tools - from seeking inspiration and knowledge around remodeling projects, to estimating the cost, finding the pros that have worked in their neighborhood, comparing quotes from them, and managing their project and shopping needs.
Raf was looking to optimize each customer’s digital journey with personalized experiences.
He gave us three key reasons why:
- Acquire visitors in the funnel. Upon arrival to the website, visitors ar exposed to a variety of tools. Irrelevant funnels no matter how well-designed, cause drop-offs. Providing a relevant funnel based on their intent was key.
- Convert those in the funnel. The nature of Kukun’s business requires visitor’s data to give an accurate estimate. Many visitors are hesitant to fill in forms. Personalized approach was a solution for visitor’s doubt.
- Cross-sell relevant tools at the end on the funnel. Visitor’s commitment indicates what feature they will benefit from next. Personalization scaled the ability to be helpful.
With a dedicated customer success team, Raf started experimenting with Intempt.
Here’s what happened next.
How Kukun uses Intempt
Intempt’s marketing experts met with the Kukun team and formulated a hypothesis that Kukun’s funnel had two major drop-off points.
- First, Kukun’s content strategy, encapsulated in its blog, was at the same time helping and hurting a complex funnel by distracting visitors from their final goal – completing the estimate.
- Second, we suspected that the key form for capturing leads during estimation was hurting conversions due to its complexity.
Kukun and Intempt teams had to understand visitor journeys on an individual level.
The Intempt development and marketing experts installed its tracker on four Kukun domains to have a complete picture of how a visitor moved across these domains.
To discover the precise points at which drop-offs were occurring, Intempt’s marketing experts partnered again with the Kukun team, and together created narrowly defined segments for each step of the funnel (including the suspected lead capture form).
This segmentation revealed a total of 70% drop off across the entire website, and confirmed our idea that a complicated lead capture form was a major source of drop-off. At the same time, blog audience appeared hardly convertible.
We were able to see data immediately and with minimal effort due to the autotracking nature of the Intempt platform.
Here’s a quick summary of the results Kukun has been able to achieve since working with Intempt.
In about six months, Raf and his team have…
- Experienced Lift for Acquiring visitors in the funnel by 1.83%
- Experienced Lift for Converting visitors in the funnel by 5.67%
- Increased Conversion Rate for growing LTV by 1.07%
Here’s what Raf had to say:
“At Kukun, the Intempt platform allows the marketing team to personalize our interactions with our visitors on an individual level. Some Visitors are completing home remodeling estimates; others are finding professionals to begin work on projects - Intempt allows us to anticipate the needs of each visitor and notify them with timely/relevant info. The platform is sophisticated yet easy to use, and data-driven notifications help us continuously grow KPI’s that matter” Raf Howery, Founder & CEO, Kukun